Monday, October 27, 2014

My thoughts & opinions: The Perfume Lounge, Amsterdam

Hai, 

Today I'm gonna talk about my thoughts and opinions on a very special fragrance store. 




The perfume lounge is a perfume store in Amsterdam, but it's not an ordinary Douglas or Sephora. They sell the most extraordinary perfumes and scents. I went there looking for a special male perfume. I only had the name of the fragrance and just typed it in google and then stores in the Netherlands that sell it. The perfume lounge was the first site to pop up. I read their description of the scents and thought that it was almost spot on. So I looked if they had a store and they do in Amsterdam. A few days later I had a short day at school so I decided to check it out. It's in the south part of the city and easy to get to with public transportation. When I got there the store looked closed and me being shy and nervous as always almost didn't go. But the lovely woman who owns the store saw me and said I could come in. She explained that they usually are closed on those weekdays but they were in and were happy to help me. She introduced herself and told a bit about the store. I have to say I already liked it then and there. I love it when I get welcomed in with open arms. She asked me what I was looking for. I said I only had the name of the scent which is "Pardon". She knew what I meant and got the bottle so I could smell if it was the right one.


I smelled it and it was like I was transported back, like he was there right next to me. “Don’t drift off DD”.
Tanja offered if I wanted a sample of the scent so he could smell it. Then she asked if she should could interest me in a fragrance and I was curious because I always come back to 1 or 2 fragrances so I said of course. She asked me what I liked in a fragrance and what kind of scents I loved. And we talked it through and she let me smell two perfumes and the second one smelt like me. I know that’s very vague but I’m not a professional so I can’t describe. PS. I will put the site and all the information at the end of this post. But we talked for a bit and they were really lovely. I mentioned my blog and gave them my card they liked it and wanted to check it out. About a week later I got an invitation to a special party at the store. One of their perfumers came to the store to present her knew range of perfumes. I really wanted to go so I asked my sister to come. When we got there we were a little bit late because of the stupid trains but we were welcomed and they introduced me to Liz. My sister filmed a bit of our conversation and it will be online soon on my youtube channel Daphne Fernhout





She was so sweet and I could feel her passion about the scents. And she almost doesn’t need to explain the scents because when you smell them you will know what her goal was and what she wanted to do with it.




All the scents are amazing in my opinion but I fell in love with the Tobacco Rose, It’s a feminine scent but not to floral it has a hint a masculinity almost a sort of raw feeling. It made me feel like an uber woman. Very powerful and strong. So if you’re like me independent, different, strong and also very feminine this would be your scent.





The Anubis is a very rare almost strange scent but not nasty or something. For me it smelled like walking in an museum depot or an archive. It was almost surreal it captured that precise smell like she walked in to an archive and just bottled the smell. It is rich and leathery and a tiny bit dark. I have never smelled something like this it is unique. If you are someone who doesn’t like standard scents or you’re always looking for something dark, sexy and different Anubis is your best choice




Then there was Angelique. This is light airy and reminds me of spring. It is fresh and floral but not too sweet and I feel that it captures the innocence of youth and first days of spring. If you like fresh, youthful, sweet, airy  not too strong scents but not too sweet Angelique is perfect.


Tanja and Phine paired the fragrances with complementary wines. I only drink white wine so I tastes the wine paired with Angelique. And the moment the wine hit my tastes palette it was like I could almost taste Angelique in there.










I was so happy with the opportunity to go and I also learned so much more about their world. Tanja, Phine and Liz were so nice to me and I will remember that for the rest of my life I know I will be back in the store soon just to see what’s new.

Lots of Love
Xoxo
DD.




The links

No comments:

Post a Comment