Monday, April 21, 2014

Paris, Birthdays and a back stabbing girl

Bonjour,

What up people?
So i'm back from Paris and what can i say... it was amazing and awful at the same time.
wtf?! how is that possible i hear you think, well it is really possible.
Let's start at the beginning

Day 1. 
Monday morning i had to get up at 4 am because i had to be in Amsterdam at 6:30 and it's like a 2 hour drive from my home. My lovely brother was kind enough to drive me.(love ya big bro). Traffic was light so we got there around 6 am which was a bit to early but better that than be late and miss the bus to Paris. i saw my classmates so my brother left before the traffic got worse. Then a little bit of the awful started. Me being the "sweet-crazy-princess-kinda-girl" baked cupcakes for the whole class(about  4 boxes)
(The cupcakes)
which wouldn't be a problem if i hadn't take a massive ass suitcase, a beauty case, a pillow and a handbag.(oeps i always take too much stuff).
Thank got for our sweet teacher bob he carried them to the bus. Then problem number two came STAIRS! Who the hell invented them?(googling who invented them) they're just stupid and annoying. Omg if you Google it the answer is mother nature!? are you 4 real! FML back to the point, the bus to Paris which took 7 hours. so after the extremely long bus ride we finally arrived in Paris. First thought? it is dirty and it smells. Second expression it is big, and i know i always say stuff is big because i'm a small person but shit just got real. Then the hotel it was decent, clean shower and relatively new so that's a plus, but the toilet had no lock and room was the size of a broom closet. We dumped our stuff and got ready to go to Centre Pompidou the first museum on or schedule.

(Centre Pompidou)
We took the subway and found it pretty easy, then we went to Starbucks for some pancakes because we needed to eat something.Then we went in and the view at the top of the museum is amazing you can see all of paris so i had to take a view pictures before sunset and after.



We saw all the paintings and i loved the Kandinsky and the Warhol but the rest wasn't really my thing. then we were allowed to do what we want RB and i decided we would stay for a while and that was one of the best decisions of the whole trip. Because when we went downstairs there was a ballerina standing there ready to preform. And did she preform. It was AMAZING. I was speechless and we all know i usually can't shut up.
(The ballerina)

After that RB and went looking for FOOD! Which took us like an hour to find. RB said she saw a McDonalds at the end of the street near our hotel. We didn't realize the street was 10 km long. And after we actually found it we saw that there is a subway stop right in front of it. Fuck our lives. Bt we got food so we were happy enough.

Day 2.
First museum was Arts et Metiers. Which is a museum about technology it was quit interesting but i'm not gonna boar you with the details. They did have a small version of the statue of liberty which was kinda cool.


Then our project group decided then wanted to go to The Louvre for or assignment the next day. So i didn't mind i couldn't wait to see The Louvre. When we got there all i thought was damn it big i didn't know that.
We did what we had to do and made or way to the next museum on the program. But mister R thought it would be a good idea to walk. The walk would take 40 min, we could have easily taken the bus which would be about 10 min but no he insisted we would walk. Well R my knee thanks you a lot because after that i was in raging pain the rest for the trip. Just so you know. Ow yeah and i almost forget he said we had to be there at 14:30 and i said isn't it 13:45 no he persisted it's 14:30 so when we finally got there we were really late and almost got in trouble with our teacher. But it wasn't all bad at least we got to see a little of Paris which was lovely. The museum Quai Branly wasn't really my thing but i did get to see a head from Easter island which was pretty damn awesome.


After the museum we were done for the day and RB and i decided we were gonna do what we wanted. We went back to the hotel changed and went to The Champs de Elysee. I shopped like a crazy person and bought more than enough stuff.



This also included light blue Abercrombie sweatpants. They are gift from heaven they're so soft it's like a cloud and when we got out of the store a took a pic with the hot guy in front of the store Damn he was fine.



Then we went to Laduree got some macaroons and we started singing along to "let it go"in the Disney store i think the people thought we were crazy but who gives a shit like we were ever gonna see them again.

Day 3.
This was the day of or assignment which was giving a tour of a neighborhood we got assigned. We had Palais Royal The Louvre. It was really fun hearing each others tours and learning stuff about Paris you wouldn't know otherwise. As a part of our tour i let them paint Jardin du tuilerieen as Monet had to paint it blind.


Then we had like 3 hours of before we had to be in The Louvre. RB and i wanted to chill and maybe shop a little so that's what we did. We got some souvenirs for our family and friends at home, and i bought this amazing Chanel lipstick. We also found the sexy Jamie Dornan in a shop window


After that we went to The Louvre. The Louvre what a journey it was. I had to be in a wheelchair because my knee was killing me. And let me say this the stupid museum isn't wheelchair friendly. Yes the have elevators but like only 1 per section which means once you have reached the end you have to go all the way back. It was a disaster. But i kinda saw what i wanted to see. I saw the works of Da Vinci, Raphael, Botticelli, Michelangelo and i saw a mummy which is kinda cool. But i didn't see the sculpture of nike because it was in restoration and that really sucked cause i was dying to see it. Maybe next time.
Almost forgot the wheelchair did have one advantage. I got to be closer to the Mona Lisa which could only mean one thing. SELFIE TIME!


I did get a few dreams crushed in there. 1. those pyramids that rest on each other are not "in" the museum they are in a mall on the other side. 2. They aren't completely above each other. 3. you can't get on top of the pyramid and kneel(what tom hanks does in the movie). 4. the Mona Lisa is pretty damn small.
But i can see I've been there and that I've seen the paintings. And i couldn't resist taking a pic with the pyramids.

After that kinda sucky ass experience we went on a hunt for the Arago medallions because i couldn't get with the one on the pyramid(believe me we did try) So we found one after about 30 min and it was behind a fence. FML again. i did get a picture of it(sort of).


Day 4.
My birthday!!!!!! At midnight my sweet roommates sang for me and we drank an partied a little on Miley Cyrus. No better way to start my 21 Birthday. I knew the day i wasn't gonna be with my friends until the night. But i knew i had to buckle through. In the morning we went to jardin du plantes it was really interesting. Learned  lot. Took a selfie.


In the afternoon we went to Palais du Tokyo. Which was big and i think the word different doesn't sum it up and weird would be a insult so i'm going with fascinating.


Now comes the crappy part. I'm gonna say it up front i'm not gonna be nice about this because it got damn hurt me and i was really embarrassed. So i have to get this out and people can just deal with it. This is how i felt in that moment and i wanna share it.

A group of girls and i decided we were gonna meet up at the Eiffel tower after our museums. My museum was a cross from the tower so all i had to do was cross a bridge. At 4 that afternoon i texted them if we were still on for that night. At 7 when we were ready still no reaction so i started walking to the tower. And when i got there i got a text back from one of the girls saying. "We are sorry but we don't wanna go anymore". "I replied well that;s nice so i'm standing here on my own".(fiy i think if every anyone texted me that i would go and get that person because you don't leave someone on there own in a foreign country) She reacted "ow i'm sorry but we are gonna eat". And that just broke something in me. I got stood up on my birthday in Paris at the Eiffel tower. i doesn't get any crappier than that on you birthday.(well i kinda did). I had to go back to the hotel on my own while a was a sobbing mess. Thank god for sunglasses. When  got back at the hotel i phoned my mom and my best friend and at 8 i decided to just go to bed(without having diner of some sort). And right before i laid down i heard fierce knocking on my door. It were my other classmates and they heard about "the incident" and demanded it got dressed and took me out to a bar. I put on a dress, make-up and heels and went downstairs. Downstairs where 2 of the girls from the group i was supposed to meet up with and immediately started apologizing. They were so sorry for leaving me and not coming to get me. And the said sorry like a million times so i accepted their apologies and we went to the bar. The bar was really fun and a got drunk which was a damn good move(not so good in the morning). It made me feel better and did save my night. But the story isn't quite finished yet. The girl who texted from the group didn't came down to say sorry and the next morning all she could say was "ow happy birthday, because i didn't see you yesterday". And i think if i ever wanted to hit someone that would be the moment i actually would do it. But i was tired and had a little hangover so i thought "fuck you".

FIY i did manage to take an awesome picture of the tower while crying and being in pain. (i must be the fucking hulk for being so strong)



Day 5. 
We had to go to jardin du tropical which was breathtaking and it made me speechless even though i had a hangover and was dog tired it was magical.


We also had to stop at 'l immigration which i could lived without because it was just boring and i really wanted to get home after the day before.

So to sum it all up i had some amazing experiences and i would never forget them but my birthday sucked ass hell and kinda ruined it all a bit so Paris goes in the stupid pile for know but maybe someday it will be revised. And if someone asks me would i go back? No is the answer for now because i would be lying if i said yes. But we all know me and i always change my mind.

Sorry if this is a bit long but i had to get it all out. And sorry that i took me so long to write. It was like the goodbye thing i had to process it first. But i'm glad i did write it and it is a relieve to have my story out there.

Xoxo,
D.
















No comments:

Post a Comment