Sunday, November 16, 2014

My thoughts and opinions: Glass by Isabelle Beernaert

Hai,

Here is a new review, these are my opinions and thoughts so they may be different than what you think and that is oke. This one is about Glass. Glass is a contemporary dance performance choreographed by the amazing and talented Isabelle Beernaert. This is what how the site describes it.

"Isabelle Beernaert. A one of a kind choreographer known for her outstanding ability to translate the everyday, ordinary life into an extraordinary choreography that touches many hearts. This season Isabelle Beernaert is presenting a new theatre production in theatres throughout The Netherlands and Belgium. Be amazed by Isabelle’s passion for dance, people and life.

With Glass, Isabelle Beernaert takes you on a journey through her experiences and thoughts about the inevitable imperfections and the beauty of people. Life is transparent which makes us fragile; therefore we need to stay sharp at all times. Or maybe not? Glass is about seeing, accepting and embracing our deepest, crystal clear, emotions. We shouldn’t let the fragility and sharp edges of life scare us. Let go of control and enjoy life in every situation and moment. En who knows where life will take you"





I didn't know what to expect only that it would be epic, because all the performances I saw that she choreographed were.

And for real it was. I was speechless for a good 30 min to an hour. And as you all know I'm never speechless. I think I'm able to form proper thought about it so here goes.

To start of the dancers. They were just beautiful and not only in looks, but they all radiated passion. And the looked like real people not the stick puppets you see on tv and in famous ballets. They were different shapes, sizes and ethnicity's. And they were all so talented and skilled.



Then the story. You didn't need to think, you could just let it wash all over you. You felt all the emotions without even having to recognize them. It was mind blowing and it made me rethink my life and how I live it.

The music was intertwined with the story and mostly all the emotions. The choreography felt almost natural to the music like that was the only way you could properly move to the music.

And the choreography just spoke for its self.
All I can say is if you have the chance go and experience it. Not just see it, feel it and let it come over you. If I had to describe Glass in a few words, Amazing, Epic, Speechless, Passionate, Jaw dropping good. Thank you Esther Hammink(Theaterhotel Almelo) for recommending it to me, I think it literally changed me.



For tour dates and more info check her site: http://www.isabellebeernaert.be/production/glass


Lots of Love,

Xoxo
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment