Sunday, August 24, 2014

Auditions, Rehearsals and my first Vlog

Hai,

As usual I've been crazy busy but this time it is the best thing ever.
I'm finally living my dream. I'm playing in a big ass musical. Yes you read it right I Daphne Fernhout am playing in a musical. And no I'm not playing a tree I have an actual part with lines and a costume. Plus I'm doing ensemble work so 70% of the musical I'm on stage.

First let me tell you a bit about the musical. It's called Van Katoen en Nu a story about to families as a monument of history. The musical tells the story of two families connect for over a hundred years. It starts of in now a days Almelo but it often switches between past and present. It is a story about honor, familie, war and mostly love. I'm not gonna say much more because that will ruin it. So if you wanna know more just go and see the show I promise you will not be disappointed. For more info about the musical head on to the site Van Katoen en Nu

Now let's talk about how I got involved.

A friend of my from jazz AV told me she was going to audition for the musical. And I kinda got a little jealous and maybe even a little angry with my self for not knowing that they had auditions. Because I love to act and I hadn't done it for quit a while. So I thought I missed my chance and forgot about it. Then during the World cup semi-finals a friend from my brother said to me that they were still holding auditions for adults that Friday. The next day I thought I have nothing to lose I'm just gonna sign up. An hour later I had an amazing email from MH giving me my audition time, place, lines and to prepare a song. Friday came and I was so nervous. I know I'm terrible at doing auditions I never feel good and confident and don't come across me. So I waited and then BS came out and called me in. BS is my drama teacher from high school and she is the most amazing teacher, creator and person I've ever met. The moment I saw her I relaxed. I went in and just did my thing and it felt so good. I even got a complement at ho good I was educated(how could I not be with the amazing teachers I had). I went home and waited as is normal after an audition. And I think a week later I got an email from MH saying I was in. They still had to figure out what I was gonna play exactly but I was in. I was so god damn happy in that moment I think until then it was one of the best moments of my life(I say until then because something even better happens later on in the story). Then we got the schedule for the first rehearsal and the professional cast list. On that cast list I saw a really familiar name DS. He played in a few Christmas musicals with me when we were in high school. After high school he went to theater school and started playing in my favorite dutch musical, we even went to see him play with my art class. So I really looked up to him and was/am in love with his voice.Back  to the story the first rehearsal was more of a getting to know everyone. We all had drinks, talked, laughed and I felt right at home. Then I walked outside to wait for my mom. BS and I started talking and she asks "are you there for every show?" and I'm like "yeah I am" then she said "you better start brushing up your accent then. At the time I didn't really know what the think but looking back now I know I really hoped it meant something more was happening. And more happened much more. Two weeks later we had costumes fitting and BS comes up to me and says "hey D you have a talking part, you're a girl from textile" and I really had to contain myself I was so damn happy it is the most moment ever. Now we are in full on rehearsals and it is amazing. It feels so much like home, like I belong there I never felt better. So I filmed a few bits and clips from our rehearsals.



And as soon as I have more time I will blog some about the funny and amazing stuff that happens at rehearsals. Also I will film as much as I can.

Lots of Love

Xoxo.
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment